MICHAEL J. PATRICK, CLU, ChFC
- Graduate of Penn State University
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- 50+ years in Insurance Practice
- Two children and three grandchildren
- Board Member: President of Northern Central Railway–Steam Into History
- Member: York Chamber of Comerce and Estate Planning Council of York
- Past Chair: YMCA of York and York County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Past Board Member: York Catholic High School Endowment Fund, Penn State University of York Campus
- Past President: Penn State Alumni Association of York County, Quarterback Club of York County, New England Life Leaders' Association
- Recipient of President's Award, New England Financial
- Served on Board of New England Funds
- Other Interests: Penn State Sports
Michael J. Patrick, founder and CEO of The Patrick Organization, at a spry 80 years old, has been providing customized financial and estate plans for York County individuals exclusively for the last 52 years. Mike, a Penn State University graduate who majored in insurance and real estate, is a self-made man who, upon moving to York in 1968, started The Patrick Organization by making cold calls and sharing his knowledge about insurance with everyone he met.
Mike’s hard work and determination to make his business a success soon paid off. He quickly achieved his goal of becoming a member of the Million Dollar Round Table, and then a distinguished member of the Court of the Table. In 1999, Mike became the President of the New England Life Insurance Company Leaders Association. Then in 2002, thanks to his years of superior commitment to the financial industry and his valued clients, he received the highly coveted President’s Trophy from the New England Life Insurance Company.
After years of experience in the financial services industry, Mike realized his own insurance needs were changing as he grew older. It became apparent that if his needs were changing, so were those of his clients. This realization spurred him to search for products that were more in tune with those who were now facing retirement. Mike discovered indexed annuities which would allow him to provide a safe money solution for his clients without the worries or risks of the fluctuating stock market. Being able to provide products that help his clients nearing retirement, without the fear of losing the nest eggs they built, is particularly important to Mike, “I have a lot of trouble with explaining to people how much they lost when a market goes down. It’s difficult and heartbreaking. With the products I sell now, I don’t ever have to deliver bad financial news.”
Mike’s lifelong dedication to his clients is what truly sets him apart from other financial advisors. At 80 years old, and still at the top of his game in the insurance market, Mike works tirelessly every day to ensure his client’s needs are being met. He touches base with his clients many times a year to check in on any life changes, and to simply maintain relationships so he can better serve them. He eschews using the often-confusing, standard reporting provided by typical agencies, and he takes the time to create specialized, easy-to-read summaries for each client to answer their specific policy questions. Mike’s goal is to help his clients make informed decisions to reach their life and legacy goals. To him, you are more than a client, you are a partner and he looks forward to helping you live your retirement dreams without worry.
Mike recently started expanding his reach into the digital world. For more information and to stay up to date with what’s happening at The Patrick Organization visit him online and on Facebook.